davon Heute: 8
bewertet mit 4 Sternen

Seite: Zurück 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
| 6 Weiter  

12.02.18 17:08

5876 Postings, 5116 Tage lamarosteigt ein

die fahrt beginnt...das ath war mal bei 3,10 CAD  

22.02.18 12:28

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportProduktion ist angelaufen...

Quebec Iron Ore Restarts the Bloom Lake Mine With First Rail Shipment From Fermont

MONTREAL, Feb. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Quebec Iron Ore Inc. (“QIO”), a Champion Iron Ltd. (ASX:CIA) (TSX:CIA) (“Champion” or the “Company”) subsidiary, is pleased to announce that the first train being loaded with16,500 metric tonnes of high-grade 66% Fe iron concentrate from QIO’s Bloom Lake Iron Ore Mine (“Bloom Lake”) will leave the mine site today, which is located near Fermont, Quebec.

Bloom Lake Iron Ore Mine

The first train (see picture below) represents a tangible step towards realizing Bloom Lake’s potential to become a major supplier of high quality iron ore to global markets.

The decision to restart production at Bloom Lake was announced on November 15, 2017, and operations recommenced at the plant on February 16, ahead of schedule and within budget. For the restart, a major operational focus involved optimizing the separation circuit to materially improve the ore recovery rate, and the concentrate transported today demonstrates that QIO has been successful in achieving this important objective.

With a CAPEX of CAD326.8 million, including CAD157.2 million spent on upgrades ahead of the mine restart, Bloom Lake is a large-scale project which is set to bring about a new era of prosperity to Quebec’s North Shore region. As detailed in the March 17, 2017 Bloom Lake Mine Feasibility Study (“Feasibility Study”), a copy of which is available under the Company’s profile on SEDAR (www.sedar.com), the Mineral Reserves for the mine are estimated at 411.7 million tonnes and the mine is forecast to generate more than CAD15.1 billion in revenue over the next 20 years, underlining Bloom Lake’s potential to be one of the region’s leading long-life iron ore mines and a major contributor to both the Quebec and Canadian economies.

“Significantly, the first train confirms we have been able to produce a high-grade iron concentrate of exceptional quality, as outlined in the mine’s Feasibility Study. Furthermore, not only are we on schedule and within budget, but with current iron ore prices of US$78 pmt for 62% Fe being substantially higher than the estimates of US$56 pmt used in our planning, we are already ahead of forecast. This is an outstanding result,” Executive Chairman and CEO of QIO and Champion, Michael O’Keeffe said.

As an indication of the potential economic impact of the project, QIO has already hired 400 mining professionals and support services employees and contractors, with the ultimate target of employing more than 450 men and women at Bloom Lake.

“The first train represents a major achievement for QIO, and was only possible with the commitment of all stakeholders including the local community and the support of government. I would also like to recognize the hard work of all staff and contractors now employed at Bloom Lake in helping to deliver this,” Mr O’Keeffe added.

Bloom Lake has rail loop infrastructure on-site consisting of a 31.9km rail spur, and has access to end markets via rail and port. In addition to owning 735 specialized railcars for the transportation of iron ore, the QIO logistics strategy ensures long-term access to some of the world’s largest consumers of iron ore for Bloom Lake’s high-quality product, with transportation agreements already in place with the Quebec North Shore and Labrador Railway Company, Inc. (“QNS&L”) and the Société ferroviaire et portuaire de Pointe-Noire (“SFPPN”).

Since acquiring Bloom Lake in April 2016, and successfully delivering a Feasibility Study in March 2017, QIO secured the necessary funding by October 2017, with the participation of its Government of Quebec partners. This enabled QIO to upgrade and optimize the facilities at both the mine and surrounding infrastructure, as well as acquire a stake in SFPPN, the owner and manager of port and logistics assets at Sept-Îles.

Ahead of the Bloom Lake restart, QIO was also successful in securing offtake partners and forming mutually beneficial alliances with the host community, including entering into an Impact and Benefits Agreement with the Innu People of Uashat mak Mani-utenam.

The technical information in this news release was reviewed and approved by Mr. Hugues Longuépée, P. Geo., Ph.D., a Qualified Person as defined under National Instrument 43-101.

https://www.minenportal.de/artikel.php?sid=226585&lang=en#Quebec-Iron-Ore-Restarts-the-Bloom-Lake-Mine-With-First-Rail-Shipment-From-Fermont target=

03.03.18 11:55

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportFermont

La relance de la mine du lac Bloom fait des heureux à Sept-Îles

http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2018/03/01/...fait-des-heureux-a-sept-iles

28.03.18 11:56

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportCIA prepares for first shipment of Bloom Iron

QUEBEC IRON ORE TO SHIP FIRST VESSEL OF HIGH QUALITY CANADIAN IRON ORE FROM SEPT-ILES TO ASIA

The successful delivery of iron ore concentrate to the port this month, and the subsequent first shipment of the product to Asia, highlights QIO's efficient logistics strategy and confirms Bloom Lake's potential to become a major supplier of high-quality iron ore to global markets.

"The first vessel is being loaded almost one month ahead of our original schedule with a high-quality iron ore product fully in line with specifications and with our pilot plant testwork. This is evidence of the professionalism of all employees involved and the hard work of our stakeholders, as well as of the world-class potential of the project," stated executive chairman and chief executive officer of QIO and Champion, Michael O'Keeffe.

Mr. O'Keeffe further commented that the 200,000 wmt shipment to Asia of the Bloom Lake high-grade iron concentrate is being completed at a time where current iron ore prices of $71 (U.S.) per metric tonne for 62 per cent Fe are 25 per cent higher than the estimates of $56 (U.S.) per metric tonne used by the company in its original planning.

The first shipment is a positive start for a mine that is forecast to generate more than $15.1-billion in revenue over the next 20 years, underlining Bloom Lake's potential to be one of the region's leading long-life iron ore mines and a major contributor to both the Quebec and Canadian economies. The QIO logistics strategy ensures long-term access to some of the world's largest consumers of iron ore for Bloom Lake's high-quality product.

http://www.stockwatch.com/News/Item.aspx?bid=Z-C:CIA-2586202

24.05.18 20:02

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportChampion Iron unit ships millionth tonne of Bloom

QUEBEC IRON ORE SHIPS ONE MILLIONTH TONNE OF HIGH QUALITY CANADIAN IRON ORE FROM ITS BLOOM LAKE IRON ORE MINE

Quebec Iron Ore Inc., a Champion Iron Ltd. subsidiary, has, with the completion of the loading of the MV Hubertus Oldendorff at the port of Sept-Iles, produced and shipped its first one million tonnes of high-grade 66 per cent iron concentrate from its Bloom Lake iron ore mine, located near Fermont, Que.

The achievement of this significant milestone occurred ahead of schedule and highlights the successful ramp-up of Bloom Lake since the Company announced the mine's restart in November 2017 and commenced operations at the plant on February 16, 2018. QIO anticipates that the mine will reach its annual full capacity of 7.4 mtpa by the end of June.

The delivery and sale of the Bloom Lake iron ore concentrate to end-users in Asia, Europe and the Middle East via QIO's off-take partners is being completed at a time where significant premiums are being paid for high quality 66% Fe concentrate versus the 62% Fe benchmark. This is a positive start for a mine that is forecast to generate more than CAD15.1 billion in revenue over the next 20 years, underlining Bloom Lake's potential to be one of the region's leading long-life iron ore mines and a major contributor to both the Quebec and Canadian economies.

"We are delighted to have reached this milestone. The Company's ability to deliver a high-quality iron ore product fully in line with specifications is a testament to the hard work of QIO's employees and all of our stakeholders. We look forward to continuing to supply global iron ore markets for many years to come", stated Executive Chairman and CEO of QIO and Champion, Michael O'Keeffe.

http://www.stockwatch.com/News/Item.aspx?bid=Z-C:CIA-2613406

22.06.18 21:50

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportTim Treadgold: Why Champion Iron Ore is starting

06.07.18 10:29

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportMinerai de Fer Québec / Quebec Iron Ore

25.07.18 17:52

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportChina braucht Fe ...

Chinese iron ore production decline fast over the past year

That’s good news for seaborne iron ore producers, especially should Chinese steel production and demand remain strong in the period ahead.

https://steelguru.com/mining/chinese-iron-ore-production-decline-fast-over-the-past-year/515911#tag

13.08.18 13:43

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportCIA meldet Zahlen..

Champion Iron Corporate Update: Strong FY2019 First Quarter Results as Bloom Lake Iron Ore Mine Produces 2,166,000 Tonnes During Ramp-Up

MONTRÉAL, Aug. 13, 2018 -- Champion Iron Ltd. (TSX:CIA) (ASX:CIA) (“Champion Iron” or “The Company”) is pleased to announce that, with the successful production ramp-up of its Bloom Lake Iron Ore Mine (“Bloom Lake”), it reported strong operational and financial results for the 2019 financial year first quarter ended June 30, 2018 (see Champion Iron’s filings on SEDAR dated August 7, 2018).

Q1 FY2019 Highlights (All dollar figures are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise indicated)

• Production of 1,542,859 tonnes of iron ore concentrate in Q1 FY 2019 and 2,166,192 tonnes since the Bloom Lake restart
  • Quarterly consolidated iron ore concentrate revenue of $150.7 million at an average realized price of $86.61 per tonne
  • Quarterly net income of $20.7 million
  • Bloom Lake achieved commercial production on June 30, 2018, ahead of schedule
  • Bloom Lake cash operating costs (See “Non-IFRS Financial Performance Measures” in “Forward Looking information” section below) of $56.15 per tonne, which were lower than the ramp-up forecasted cash operating costs
  • Cash flow from operating activities (after non-cash working capital changes) of $44.3 million
  • Strong cash position of $89.0 million at quarter-end
  • Undrawn balance of US$34.7 million from its subsidiary’s USD$180.0 million financing debt facility

“The Company delivered strong earnings this quarter, during the production ramp-up at Bloom Lake. Even though it is our first period with revenue, it resulted in a profit which is a major achievement for the Company. Champion Iron demonstrated its ability to significantly improve operational performance at Bloom Lake while generating solid operating cash flows. Management and its team at the mine have achieved their targets set out in the Bloom Lake mine restart Feasibility Study announced on February 16, 2017 and published on March 17, 2017, which is an outstanding result”, said Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Michael O’Keeffe.

https://www.minenportal.de/unternehmen_nachrichten.php?mid=1448&sid=241322&lang=en#Champion-Iron-Corporate-Update-3A-Strong-FY2019-First-Quarter-Results-as-Bloom-Lake-Iron-Ore-Mine-Produces-2-2C166-2C000-Tonnes-During-Ramp-Up

15.08.18 14:14

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportZink Kupfer Silber Bohrprogramm..

Champion Iron Ltd: Champion Iron drills 5.12 m of 1.98% Zn at Powderhorn

CHAMPION IRON INTERSECTS SEVERAL ZINC-RICH INTERVALS AT ITS POWDERHORN PROJECT, NEWFOUNDLAND

Champion Iron Ltd.'s wholly owned subsidiary Champion Iron Mines Ltd. has provided results of recent exploration drilling at its Powderhorn property, located in north-central Newfoundland, 40 kilometres southwest of the town of Springdale. This program intersected several zinc ("Zn") rich intervals, including drill hole PH18-01 which intersected 3.31% Zn, 0.53% copper ("Cu") and 48 g/t silver ("Ag") over 4.45 meters, 5.2% Zn, 0.48% Cu and 22 g/t Ag over 4.46 meters and 1.18% Cu over 0.69 meter. Drill hole PH18-06, located 100 meters away, intersected 6.94% Zn and 48 g/t Ag over 3.35m, including a 1-meter width which returned 16.4% Zn.

Location of the 2017-2018 drill holes. The red area represents the target area based on 2017-2018 drilling and two historical holes (not shown). Although PH18-03 is not listed in table 1, there is a 1 meter long 4.45% Zn interval that suggest that the zinc-rich layer may extend to that area.

About Powderhorn

The Powderhorn project is located in North Central Newfoundland, 40 km southwest of the town of Springdale, 15 km north of the community of Badger and 3 km away from the Trans-Canada Highway. The property is comprised of 7 exploration licences covering 63 km2 (figure 3).

Discovery of sulphides in the area date back to 1940 but it appears that those were related to sediment-hosted pyrite and pyrrhotite. Zinc mineralization was found later along the shore of Powderhorn Lake and in a boulder located along a logging road. Although the property has been owned by several companies, exploration to date has resulted in limited drilling (less than 12,000 meters). Champion's exploration strategy at Powderhorn has been to identify geophysical anomalies underneath the sedimentary rocks that overly the mineralization-bearing felsic volcanic rocks. Drilling these anomalies was done in 2017. The geology at Powderhorn is similar to the one at Bucchans which produced more than 16 Mt at 14.5% Zn (Kirkham, 1987. In Geological Survey of Canada Paper 86-24), but also to several deposits of the Bathurst Mining Camp. Geological and electromagnetic data suggest that mineralized layers at Powderhorn are undulating with an overall dip toward the northwest.

https://www.stockwatch.com/News/Item.aspx?bid=Z-C:CIA-2646849

24.08.18 12:19

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportNeue Seidenstraße Unbedingt investieren

China hat ein gigantisches Infrastrukturprojekt angeschoben: die Belt-and-Road-Initiative. Im Deutschen spricht man von der neuen Seidenstraße und bezieht sich auch die historischen Handelswege zwischen Asien und Europa.

http://www.deraktionaer.tv/video/neue-seidenstrasse-unbedingt-investieren-50193597.html

Neue Seidenstraße: Erobert China Europa? | DW Deutsch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFSfeKkQ3Mc

24.08.18 12:21

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportVideo von Februar 2018

Feichtinger kompakt: Chinas neue Seidenstraße - Ambition und Skepsis

Die alte Seidenstraße war über Jahrhunderte hinweg der wichtigste Handelsweg zwischen China und Europa. Brigadier Walter Feichtinger spricht in dieser Folge über die neue Seidenstraße, die der chinesische Präsident Xi Jinping aktiv vorantreiben will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOyCP0CMIUg

02.11.18 11:03

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportSeidenstraße... Kupfer

Auch die neue Seidenstraße, ein von China geführtes, gigantisches Infrastrukturprojekt , mittlerweile von 70 Ländern unterstützt und mit einem Investitionsvolumen von über 1.000 Mrd. Dollar veranschlagt, sollte sicherlich einen erheblichen, langfristigen Einfluss auf die weltweite Kupfernachfrage haben!

„One Belt, One Road“ oder ganz kurz: OBOR. Gemeint sind eine Vielzahl an Bauprojekten zu Land sowie eine Schifffahrtsstraße zur See, die zusammen wie ein Gürtel die Erd- und Wassermassen Eurasiens verbinden sollen. 2013 erstmals vorgestellt, ist OBOR das größte Infrastrukturprogramm aller Zeiten – und gleichzeitig Chinas Masterplan, mit dem es die Weltwirtschaft neu ordnen will. 1000 Mrd. Dollar sollen nach dem Willen Pekings in neue Eisenbahnstrecken, Pipelines, Kraftwerke, Straßen und Häfen fließen – ein Netzwerk von Java bis Kasachstan, von Dschibuti bis ins Ruhrgebiet in Deutschland. Per Saldo rechnen viele Analysten sogar mit einer Angebotskrise in den kommenden Jahren – seit über 5 Jahren wird viel zu wenig in die Erschließung neuer Kupferprojekte oder die Exploration von neuen Kupferliegenschaften investiert. Darüber hinaus nimmt die Spitzen-Wiedergewinnungsrate in den großen Kupferbergwerken in Peru und Chile, die den Markt weiterhin dominieren, kontinuierlich ab, da die alten Minen nun ihre Kapazitätsgrenzen erreichen.

In den nächsten Jahren ist durchaus ein Anstieg des Kupferpreises auf über 10.000 Dollar / Tonne möglich surprise

https://small-cap-news.de/2018/10/23/kupfer-mit-goldenen-aussichten-historische-chance-bei-kupferminen-und-explorern/

10.11.18 13:08

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportChampion Iron

Champion Iron Reports Strong FY2019 Second Quarter Results

MONTREAL, Nov. 08, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Champion Iron Limited (TSX: CIA) (ASX: CIA) (“Champion Iron” or “The Company”) is pleased to announce strong operational and financial results for the second quarter ended September 30, 2018 of the fiscal year end March 31, 2019.

For complete details of the unaudited Condensed Consolidated Financial Statements and associated Management's Discussion and Analysis please refer to the Company's filings on SEDAR (www.sedar.com) or the Company's website (www.championiron.com).  All amounts are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise indicated.

HIGHLIGHTS

• Net income of $67.5 million for the quarter ($88.2 million for the first six months);
  • Revenues of $174.7 million up 16% from previous quarter ($325.4 million for the first six months);
  • Operating cash flow totalling2 $49.6 million for the six-month period;
  • Cash on hand of $115.6 million and trade receivables of $86.4 million at period end, including two shipments totalling approximately $31.0 million (US$24.2 million) received on October 2, 2018;
  • Production of 1,858,300 wmt of high-grade 66% iron ore concentrate and 4,024,500 wmt since the mine commenced operations;
  • Total cash costof $45.2 per dmt sold and an all-in sustaining cost1 of $52.9 per dmt sold;

“Champion Iron has reported a strong second quarter and the Company is extremely pleased to report that it was our first quarter of commercial production and included a record month, with 648,400 wmt of iron ore concentrate produced in September, at name plate capacity,” commented Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Michael O’Keeffe. “Going forward, we are encouraged by the outlook for high grade premium iron ore and as such, the Company has commenced work on the Feasibility Study for Phase II of Bloom Lake which has the ability to double capacity and elevate Champion Iron to a leading high-grade iron ore producer.” continued Mr. O’Keeffe.

https://web.tmxmoney.com/article.php?newsid=7040528428053320&qm_symbol=CIA

20.11.18 14:09

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportChinesen ehemals Heibei Iron ...

03.01.19 12:20

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportMines and Money Video 8/2018

HONG KONG CONVENTION AND EXHIBITION CENTRE

Québec as a Mining Jurisdiction – Michael O’Keefe Champion Iron (ASX:CIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApHmHpTBv04

24.01.19 16:50

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportChampion schließt eine Explorationsvereinbarung...

Champion Iron Limited Enters Into a Joint Exploration Agreement With Supreme Metals Corp. to Evaluate Iron Ore and Cobalt Potential on the Bloom Lake East Property, Labrador

MONTREAL, Jan. 22, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Champion Iron Limited (TSX: CIA) (ASX: CIA) (“Champion”) is pleased to announce that a joint exploration agreement (the “Agreement”) has been reached with Supreme Metals Corp. (CSE: ABJ) (FSE: A68) (“Supreme”) in order to access the claims located on the Bloom Lake East Property (“Bloom East”).  

Magnetic survey work, conducted by Supreme in 2018, identified iron ore prospects at Bloom East, which could be of strategic importance to Champion and its subsidiary Quebec Iron Ore Inc. (“QIO”), as it could potentially be considered as a source of iron ore feed for the Bloom Lake Mine (“Bloom Lake”) concentration plant owned and operated by QIO.  The southern part of Bloom East is geologically continuous with the Bloom Lake orebody and is located east of the Quebec-Labrador Boundary, less than 3 km from the Bloom Lake mill.  Furthermore, Champion will evaluate the northern section of Bloom East, which hosts iron ore according to the Newfoundland and Labrador Geoscience Atlas.

Pursuant to the Agreement, Champion will grant Supreme access to the Walsh Prospect located on QIO’s Bloom Lake Mining Lease.  The Walsh Prospect, located 1.3 km away from current mining operations, was discovered in 1951 and yielded results “running to better than 11% Cobalt”1

https://web.tmxmoney.com/...newsid=6115343979158326&qm_symbol=CIA

14.02.19 13:38

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportChampion Iron meldet Ergebnisse

Champion Iron Reports Strong FY2019 Third Quarter Results

Achieves record monthly production of 697,700 wmt and strong operating cash flow of $89 million for the quarter

MONTREAL, Feb. 14, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Champion Iron Limited (TSX: CIA) (ASX: CIA) ("Champion" or the "Company") is pleased to announce operational and financial results for the third quarter ended December 31, 2018.

For complete details of the unaudited Condensed Consolidated Financial Statements and associated Management's Discussion and Analysis please refer to the Company's filings on SEDAR (www.sedar.com) or the Company's website (www.championiron.com). All amounts are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise indicated.

1. HIGHLIGHTS

Operations

• Production of 1,791,300 wmt of high-grade 66.4% iron ore concentrate and 5,815,800 wmt since the mine commenced operations in February 2018;
  • Total cash cost1 of $49.4/dmt (C1) and an all-in sustaining cost1 of $55.5/dmt.

Financial

• Net income of $31.2 million for the quarter and $119.4 million for the nine-month period ended December 31, 2018;
  • Revenues of $147.5 million for the third quarter and $473.0 million for the nine-month period ended December 31, 2018;
  • Operating cash flow2 totalling $89.1 million for the quarter and $138.7 million for the nine-month period ended December 31, 2018;
  • Cash on hand3 of $185 million as of December 31, 2018, an increase of $160 million compared to cash on hand of $25 million as of April 1, 2018.

"We are extremely pleased with the strong performance delivered by the operations team again this quarter which included a record monthly production in October 2018 of 697,700 wmt of high-grade iron ore," commented Chairman and CEO Michael O'Keeffe. "Our company remains unhedged and looking ahead, the iron ore market looks favourable, which positions us well to take advantage of servicing the high-grade iron ore market." continued Mr. O'Keeffe.

https://de.advfn.com/p.php?pid=nmona&article=79264872

27.02.19 09:10

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportHandelsbeziehungen

US-Regierung prüft Stahl-Dumping-Vorwürfe

Das US-Handelsministerium prüft Vorwürfe des Dumpings gegen Stahlhersteller in China, Kanada und Mexiko. Untersucht werde, ob Baustahl zu billig verkauft werde, teilte das Ministerium mit. Denkbar seien Zölle in Höhe von etwa 30 Prozent gegen Kanada und Mexiko sowie von 222 Prozent gegen China. Mit abschließenden Ergebnissen der Untersuchung werde bis Ende September gerechnet. US-Abgeordnete, Autohersteller sowie die Regierungen von Kanada und Mexiko verlangen von den USA, Aufschläge auf Stahl und Aluminium wieder aufzuheben, die im vergangen Jahr verhängt worden waren. Die USA und China sind in einem Handelskonflikt verwickelt, der mit Zöllen und Gegenzöllen ausgetragen wird. (rts)

Quelle: n-tv.de

20.03.19 13:04

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportZink Exploration...

CHAMPION IRON REPORTS EXPLORATION RESULTS AT POWDERHORN PROJECT, NEWFOUNDLAND

MARCH 20, 2019

Confirmed Continuity of High-Grade Zinc Zone and Addition of Gold to the Expanded Copper Zone

Montreal, March 20, 2019 – Champion Iron Limited (TSX: CIA) (ASX: CIA) (the “Company” or “Champion”) discloses strong results from its 9,350-m drilling campaign completed in the fall of 2018 at its wholly-owned Powderhorn property, located in North Central Newfoundland, 40 km southwest of the town of Springdale. The drill program was designed to test the lateral continuity of the zinc-rich intervals intersected by Champion in the spring of 2018. Several drill holes yielded significant zinc values, including one interval in PH18-34 which returned 23.6% zinc (“Zn”) and 163 g/t silver (“Ag”) over 0.88 m. This high-grade sample is part of a mineralized layer that locally reaches 4.5 m in thickness (see Champion’s August 15, 2018 press release). The copper zone interpreted from previous work was also intersected and carries gold grades above 1 g/t. Powderhorn, originally considered a zinc project, can now be viewed as polymetallic.

David Cataford, Chief Operating Officer, commented: “The fall 2018 drilling results at Powderhorn are very encouraging, with the occurrence of a copper-gold zone close to surface and the continuity of high-grade zinc at depth. Champion is optimistic about this project, as these findings reflect the potential of an under-explored area located on prospective land held by the company.”

The Powderhorn project targets the same volcanic units that host the Buchans Mine, located 60 km away, one of the richest volcanogenic massive sulphide deposits ever discovered. Drilling in the fall of 2018 was done along a 100-meter-spaced grid in the shallower part of the Powderhorn deposit (southeast) while testing the possible connexion between the near surface zones with the deep intersect to the northeast.

Champion Iron’s board of directors approved an additional 4,000-meter drilling program targeting the area between the shallow SE area the deeper NW zone. The ongoing program has been scheduled during the ice freeze-up in the winter months to minimize and prevent any damage to the wetland environment.

The most significant intervals from the 9,350 meters of drilling are listed in tables 1 (copper zone) and 2 (zinc zone).

https://www.championiron.com/champion-iron/...n-project-newfoundland/

01.04.19 13:57

869 Postings, 4073 Tage K1-SportChampion

Champion Iron Announces the Appointment of David Cataford as CEO

MONTREAL, April 1, 2019 /CNW/ - Champion Iron Limited (TSX: CIA) (ASX: CIA) (the "Company" or "Champion") announces that David Cataford has been appointed Chief Executive Officer of the Company, effective immediately, following the transition of Michael O'Keeffe from the CEO position and the implementation of Champion's succession plan in this regard. Mr. O'Keeffe will retain his current position as Executive Chairman of Champion. Prior to his promotion as CEO, Mr. Cataford joined the Company in 2014 as Vice President, Engineering and was appointed Chief Operating Officer of Champion in 2017.

Champion Executive Chairman Michael O'Keeffestated, "We knew that David's comprehensive understanding of iron ore processing and mining operations in the Labrador Trough would significantly strengthen Champion and he has demonstrated this by transitioning the company from exploration to mine production, overseeing the Bloom Lake project since its acquisition, through the feasibility stage and most significantly, its successful re-start as a long-life, low-cost operation."  Mr. O'Keeffe added that the Company was well positioned to continue to benefit from an experienced manager of Mr. Cataford's calibre as Champion aims to double Bloom Lake's current production capacity of 7.5 million tonnes of high-grade 66% iron concentrate at its profitable flagship operation.

https://www.championiron.com/champion-iron/...-david-cataford-as-ceo/

Seite: Zurück 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
| 6 Weiter  
   Antwort einfügen - nach oben